This weekend’s for you.
Friday – Sunday, June 3-5, 2022
Berkeley Springs – Girlie Capital of West Virginia
BERKELEY SPRINGS, WV —- Hey, Girlfriend weekend features traditional girlfriend activities including spa specials, sidewalk and shop sales, art classes, artist demonstrations and abundant live music along with great lodging packages making it an irresistible come-with-your-gal-pals getaway. The list of activities below is updated whenever new events come in.
This year Hey, Girlfriend is kicked off Friday evening with Flamingo Fandango. An event supporting CASA of the Eastern Panhandle, an organization dedicated to advocating for our community’s most vulnerable children and youth. Grab your girlfriends, put on your favorite pink outfit and let’s have some fun! Participants will receive a swag bag with Macy’s and P&G goodies plus other special coupons. Berkeley Springs businesses will be open til 7pm, there will be sipping spots, a DJ and fun specials around town. All this for only $25. Click here for tickets and more info.
The fun continues all weekend with live theatre back and the “Savannah Sipping Society” production at the Ice House. Performances are Thurs and Fri at 7pm, Sat at 8pm, and Sun at 2pm. In this delightful, laugh-a-minute comedy, four unique Southern women, all needing to escape the sameness of their day-to-day routines.
With open-daily spas and blocks of distinctive shopping, Berkeley Springs is always attractive to discerning women, both residents and visitors. “Gangs of women roaming the streets downtown is an almost every weekend sight in town,” says Laura Smith. “The hot trend of women traveling together is old news here. That’s why this year marks the 18th time that we’ve gone all out to celebrate the sisters, cousins, college roommates, and carpooling moms who need time away with just the girls.”
In between all the special events are the standard attractions of this historic spa town. Girlfriends can assemble their own spa tour, sampling among 53 different body treatments ranging from European facials and hot stone massage to acupuncture and mud wraps.
Dining choices are varied and where to stay depends on how many girlfriends are in the group and whether you choose town or countryside. There are state park cabins, vacation homes with whirlpool tubs, log houses on a mountain top, in-town cottages, and Victorian B & Bs with marvelous breakfasts and first-rate service.
Three attributes of Berkeley Springs make it an obvious choice as Girlie Capital of West Virginia. An ideal choice for getting away with the girls, it is affordable, less than 90 minutes from the Washington or Baltimore Beltways, and filled with folks who still know how to smile. “We may officially stage Hey, Girlfriend! weekend only once a year,” said Smith, “but the truth is that in a town where many of the businesses are owned by women and the attractions are just what women enjoy, it’s always a celebration of girlfriends.”
For more information about visiting or details on the weekend call 1-800-447-8797 or check online at www.berkeleysprings.com.
DETAILED SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
HEY, GIRLFRIEND! This weekend’s for you
JUNE 3 – FRIDAY
4-7pm-Flamingo Fandango. A fundraiser for CASA a ticket includes a special swag bag, sipping spots, shop specials, a DJ, and a photo booth. An evening of fun for only $25. Click here to purchase tickets.
1-8pm Season Opening of Charm City Snowballs Flavors include soda pop, kid/fun, true fruit, grown up, specialty, and marshmallow. Sprinkles and chocolate toppings. Moonpies and Fizzies. You are welcome to make up your own combination.
6-9pm Live Music with Melaine Pearl. Canary Grill. 304-500-0051
7pm Live Theater with “Savannah Sipping Society” at the Ice House. 304-258-2300
8pm Movie Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness at the Star Theatre.
June 4 – SATURDAY
9am-2pm Sidewalk Sale. Gently used shoe and purse sale to benefit Stepping Stones to a Brighter Future, a non-profit that helps families in Morgan County affected by domestic violence. On Washington St by the Star Theatre.
9:30am Yoga at the Springs with Hiroko Rubin. Berkeley Springs State Park.
11am-4pm Sarah from Joyful Sweets will be set up with her DIVINE cupcakes at Inspired Chaos. 304-258-3692
1-4pm Book Signing with local author Emily Keefer “The Stars on Vita Felice Court.” Jules Enchanting Gifts and Collectibles. 304-258-9509
2pm Fused glass class at Frog Valley Artisans. 304-258-3541
2pm MACCreate. Mountain Mamma Mushroom Pendant Class with Amanda Solo. Enjoy creating your own customized art, inspired by nature. We’ll make fantasy mushroom pendants/ornaments using precious stones and polymer clay. If you choose, you may also make a sun catcher or lapel pin. All materials will be provided. $35. The Ice House. 304-258-2300
5pm Gallery Opening Reception. “Prisms in the Springs” show. The Ice House. 304-258-2300
5 & 8pm Movie “Dr Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.” The Star Theatre.
6-9pm Live Music. Matthew Wagner. The Country Inn 304-258-1200.
6-9pm Live Music. Len Crutcher and The Blue Ridge Sky Band. Canary Grill 304-500-0051
8pm Live Theater with “Savannah Sipping Society” at the Ice House. 304-258-2300
June 5 – SUNDAY
10am-2 pm – Farmers Market in the Square
2pm Live Theater with “Savannah Sipping Society” at the Ice House. 304-258-2300
2pm-4pm $4 pints and slushees Berkeley Springs Brewing Company 304-258-3369
4 & 7pm Movie “Dr Strange in the Multiverse of Madness” @ The Star Theatre.
ALL WEEKEND LONG
- Jules Enchanting Gifts: A silk flower lei with $10 purchase.
- Mountain Laurel Artisans: Buy a Charm Bracelet and get a 2nd & 3rd Charm for $2.50 each, 25% Miss Allany Jewelry. Sign up for a Raffle of a Wire-wrapped Pendant – No Purchase Necessary.
- Mineral Springs Trading Company: Fans of Equal Rights (hand fans) are buy one and get 50% off the second.
- Berkeley Springs State Park: Complimentary sauna session and hand paraffin treatment with any massage service. 20% off retail at the Main Bathhouse Gift Shop. Mention Hey, Girlfriend when booking.
- Berkeley Springs Salt Cave: Salt Therapy Sessions on the Hour. $5 discount per person for participants! We will also offer our “Girls Night Out” for groups of 4-6 @ 6pm.
- Healing Water Spa: Lumafirm Lift & Glow Facial with a complimentary headband & Lumafirm Body Firm & Glow treatment with a complimentary body polish brush, including a product sample. $235.00 20% off Spa Retail. Mention Hey, Girlfriend when booking.
- Berkeley Springs Memories: “Jeanne Mozier” estate jewelry sale. She loved her jewelry and now you can get a piece (or two) so you can keep her close.
- Awakening BHC: Complementary Zyto scans, brain tap sessions, hand massages, and a free gift with purchase.
- Fairfax Coffee House: Iced white chocolate & raspberry latte with $1 going to CASA for each one sold.
- Heavenly Harvest Boutique: A free gift with every $50 purchase of the American or West Virginia made products in the Boutique.
- Inspired Chaos: “Pick a Flower” Discount – shoppers can choose a flower with a mystery discount anywhere from 10-100% off their highest priced item!
- Heath Studios: Also we will be giving a 20% discount on prints featuring women.