8. Berkeley Springs Presbyterian Church
Berkeley Springs Presbyterian Church on the corner of Market and Mercer Streets, was built by Henry Harrison Hunter as was St. Mark’s Episcopal Church. David Hunter Strother was one of several congregation members who bought land for the church in 1872. The cornerstone was laid in 1873 and the building completed three years later. It is Gothic Revival with northern European influence and several eccentric design features including corbeled masonry above doors and windows and on the tower.
© 2004 Travel Berkeley Springs. All rights reserved.