6. T.H.B. Dawson House
The brick house on the corner of Green and Market streets is on the National Register of Historic Places. Built in 1880 for political luminary T.H.B.Dawson by local builders J.W. and Henry Harrison Hunter, it is Gothic Revival massing with Italianate window and door details as well as crossbracing at the peak. Lovely, earthtone brick, original pattern glass in entry door, interesting Italianate balustrades on porch and quatrefoils decorating eaves of the north side veranda are notable features.
© 2004 Travel Berkeley Springs. All rights reserved.