Berkeley Springs Treasure Tour:
The benches, Victorian style lamps, yellow brick path and archway marking the northeast entrance to the park are all recent projects of the Berkeley Springs State Park Foundation. The iron archway replaces a series of traditional entrances to the park that date back to Victorian times when the frontage on Washington Street west to Warm Springs Run was sold to the Bath Trustees. Until that time, the area was in private hands and held hotels. A painted iron fence surrounded the park in 1894. Cement columns with iron posts and electric lights were placed at the entrance in 1915.