This weekend’s for you.
Friday – Sunday, June 2-4, 2017
Berkeley Springs – Girlie Capital of West Virginia
BERKELEY SPRINGS, WV —- A surprise guided tour of more than a dozen locations offering tastings, giveaways, special ticket holder discounts, games, and more is a new Friday night activity for the popular Berkeley Springs weekend: Hey, Girlfriend. “Ladies Only – Lei’d Back Friday” has the Chamber of Commerce newly collaborating with longtime sponsor Travel Berkeley Springs.
Lei’d Back Friday begins at 5pm at The Country Inn where tour leaders gift participants with goodie bags before starting out on a full evening of visiting local businesses. Ticket revenues benefit Stepping Stones, a local organization devoted to supporting survivors of domestic violence.
The rest of the weekend features traditional activities including fortunetelling, belly dancing, spa specials, hot metal art and more. The exuberant “Hey, Girlfriend” weekend is scheduled for June 2, 3 and 4. There are sidewalk and shop sales, art classes and abundant live music along with great lodging packages making it an irresistible come-with-your-gal-pals getaway.
With open-daily spas and blocks of distinctive shopping, Berkeley Springs is always attractive to discerning women, both residents and visitors. “Gangs of women roaming the streets downtown is an almost every weekend sight in town,” says Laura Smith. “The hot trend of women traveling together is old news here. That’s why this year marks the 16th time that we’ve gone all out to celebrate the sisters, cousins, college roommates and carpooling moms who need time away with just the girls.”
Friday night fun also includes antique cars in the downtown park, live music at Black Cat, Berkeley Springs Brewery and The Country Inn and the gala opening of Forged! gallery exhibit at the Ice House. Saturday night also includes live music at The Country Inn and The Troubadour. All weekend, the Star Theatre is showing How to Be a Latin Lover, a raunchy comedy made for groups of girlfriends.
Shopping specials and discounts can be found at several shops including a sidewalk sale on Saturday of gently used shoes and purses to benefit survivors of domestic violence.
In between all the special events are the standard attractions of this historic spa town. Girlfriends can assemble their own spa tour, sampling among 53 different body treatments ranging from European facials and hot stone massage to acupuncture and mud wraps.
Dining choices are varied and where to stay depends on how many girlfriends are in the group and whether you choose town or countryside. There are state park cabins, vacation homes with whirlpool tubs, log houses on a mountain top, in-town cottages and Victorian B & Bs with marvelous breakfasts and first-rate service.
Three attributes of Berkeley Springs make it an obvious choice as Girlie Capital of West Virginia. An ideal choice for getting away with the girls, it is affordable, less than 90 minutes from the Washington or Baltimore Beltways, and filled with folks who still know how to smile. “We may officially stage Hey, Girlfriend! weekend only once a year,” said Smith, “but the truth is that in a town where many of the businesses are owned by women and the attractions are just what women enjoy, it’s always a celebration of girlfriends.”
For more information about visiting or details on the weekend call 1-800-447-8797 or check online at www.berkeleysprings.com.
DETAILED SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
HEY, GIRLFRIEND! This weekend’s for you
JUNE 2 – FRIDAY
5-7:30pm – Antique cars, street food, 50’s music Mountain State Cruisers @ Berkeley Springs State Park
5-8pm – Lei’d Back Friday – tours of local businesses with special treats for ticket holders Start 5pm @ The Country Inn
5-8pm – Wine a bit with your girlfriends at Jules! Party with wine and treats. Free pair of Swarovski Crystal Stud Earrings with any purchase over $15!
5-10pm – $5 frozen drinks and special dessert trio @ The Country Inn
6:30-10pm – BlackCat Music Open Mic
7pm – Gala opening, Forged! Gallery Show @ Ice House
7-10pm – Mike McManus live music @ Berkeley Springs Brewing Company
7-10pm – Roebuck live music in the Garden @ The Country Inn
JUNE 3 – SATURDAY
9:30am Inaugural Pure Cross Country 5K @ Cacapon State Park.
9am-2pm – Sidewalk Sale @ Tari’s Cafe – gently used purses, shoes and scarves benefit Stepping Stones
to a Brighter Future supporting survivors of domestic violence
10am-5pm – $50 giveaway @ Berkeley Springs Memories
Noon-4pm – Look into the future: astrology readings @ Star Theatre
2-4pm – Wine and Cheese Reception for Guest @ Highlawn Inn.
2-4:30pm MACreate: Make a Flower Power Fascinator w/Ayla Heefne @ Ice House. Reserve space: 304-258-2300
7-10pm – Roebuck live music in the Garden @ The Country Inn
9-12pm – Flashbacks perform and special Hey, Girlfriend themed drinks @ Troubadour Lounge
JUNE 4 – SUNDAY
10am-2 pm – Farmers Market in the Square
LODGING SPECIALS & PACKAGES
- Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals – 10% discount on 3 night stay at either Aunt Bea’s or Fleur de Lis. Mention you are here for Hey, Girlfriend
- Bella Mattina special 2-night deal. Sleeps 6, $650
ALL WEEKEND LONG
- 5% off many items. Nature Niche.
- Complimentary paraffin hand dip w/ any treatment. Rita Renee Spa
- 20% off all boutique items @ Atasia Spa plus giveaway of popular package & special price on massage, facial and whirlpool
- Romance novels 3 for the price of 2 and 10% women’s issues books @ Berkeley Springs Books
- BlackCat Boutique 15% off sale
- Spend more than $30 and get a free selfie pole@ Jules Enchanting Gifts and Collectibles
- Fri, Sat, Sun 8pm – How to Be a Latin Lover @ Star Theatre
- Free “Bears Chocolate Bar” with purchase of 8oz coffee beans or 12 count K-cups @ Black Dog Coffee Shop
- 10% off purchases @ The Naked Olive and Lounge
- Yoga with Cats Fri 5:30pm, Saturday 9:30am & 5:15pm, Sunday 9:30am @ Give Purrs a Chance.
- 10% off all Fashion Accessories in our second floor boutique, including hand bags, scarves, jackets, hats, and hand-painted silk and woven garments @ Mountain Laurel Gallery
- 10% off gift shop purchases when you ask for your girlfriend discount @ Berkeley Springs and Cacapon State Park
- 10% discount store-wide all weekend and you can enter a raffle to win a Fair Trade Swag Bag @ The Itty Bitty Global Gift Shop